How do I transfer domain names from another registrar into Fabulous?
To transfer domain names from another registrar into Fabulous please follow the steps below:
- Ensure domain to be transferred is not Registrar Locked (i.e has a WHOIS status of ACTIVE) and was first registered more than 60 days ago.
- Login to your Fabulous account and go to the "Transfer" page in the "Manage" area.
- Enter the domain(s) you would like to transfer into the "Transfer Bulk Domains" box along with the Authorization code for each domain in the format outlined below, then click the "Continue" button.
- domain1.com authorization
- The page will refresh confirming whether the domains you have entered are eligible for transfer, as well as itemizing all transfer costs. Please review the domain names and Authorization codes listed, and if you are happy to proceed with the transaction agree to the Terms and Conditions, and click the "Continue" button.
- The page will refresh, allowing you to select the WHOIS contact profiles you would like to use for the domains. Click the "Continue" button.
- The page will refresh, providing you with a summary of the transaction, and should your Fabulous account balance be insufficient, options to fund the transaction. Click the "Continue" button.
- At this point the transfer costs will be charged to your Fabulous account balance.
- Fabulous.com will send a transfer approval email to the WHOIS Administrative contact email address for the domain. This email contains a link which will take the registrant to a web page where they can approve the transfer to Fabulous.com.
- If this email does not arrive, possible reasons include; the domain is registrar locked, the domain has not been with its current registrar for 60 days, the WHOIS contact email address is not correct, or the WHOIS contact's ISP/anti spam software is blocking the email from Fabulous.com.
- Once this is approved, Fabulous will send a transfer order to the losing registrar.
- There domain owner then has five (5) days to explicitly approve or decline the transfer within their account at the losing registrar. If no response is received, after no longer than 5 days the Central Registry should automatically transfer the domain to Fabulous.com.
- Please note: Depending on the time of day that the losing Registrar auto approves or the owner approves the transfer it can take up to 24 hours for the domain name show in your Fabulous.com account
- Once your domain has been successfully transferred you will receive an email notification from Fabulous.com.
- You can now manage your domain(s) through your Fabulous.com account.
NOTE: If a transfer request is not approved or fails for another reason, the transfer fee will be returned to your account balance.