How do I create a new Nameserver?
If you have an IP address for the hosting location of your website and would like to point a domain name to this address, please follow the guidelines below to create a Nameserver:
To create a Nameserver, you will need a domain name registered in your Fabulous account, and a valid IP address.
Nameservers usually take the following format:
ns2.domain.com, and so on.
Using the "ns1" format for the host portion of the Nameserver is standard because it makes it clear that this address is a Nameserver. However, you could use a different format to this such as "serverone.domain.com".
Note, to redirect a domain name you must have 2 different Nameserver records which correspond to 2 different IP addresses.
To create a new Nameserver record please follow the steps below:
- Go to the "Nameservers" page in the "Manage" area of your account.
- Click on the “Create Nameserver” button at the bottom of the page and a pop up window will launch.
- In the FDQN filed, enter the host portion of the Nameserver address (e.g. ns1)
- Use the drop-down menu to select the domain name you would like to use for the Nameserver.
- Enter at least one valid IP address into the “IPs” text box.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- The pop up window will reload summarizing the changes performed.