Addendum Agreement for Rightside Registry
1. The Registry TLDs are intended for and available to applicants and registrants who are at least eighteen (18) years of age. By applying for, registering, or reserving a domain name, you represent and warrant that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
2. You agree to provide accurate contact information for the registration of a domain name, and you agree that you will correct and update this information to ensure that it remains current, complete, and accurate throughout the term of any resulting registration or reservation. Your obligation to provide current, accurate, and complete information is a material element of these terms, and the Registry Operator reserves the right to deny, cancel, terminate, suspend, lock, or transfer any registration or reservation if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the information is materially inaccurate.
3. By applying to register or reserve a domain name, you represent and warrant that neither your registration nor your use of the name will infringe the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or violate the Registry’s Acceptable Use (Anti-Abuse) Policy, which is available at http://rightside.co/policies/Rightside_Acceptable_Use_Policy.pdf. You further represent and warrant that your use of the Registry and/or your use of your registered domain name will not be for any illegal purpose, and that you will not undertake any activities with your domain name that will be in violation of the Acceptable Use (Anti-Abuse) Policy.
4. You agree that you will not engage in any of the following activities with respect to your registered domain name: (1) distributing malware, (2) abusively operating botnets, (3) phishing, (4) piracy, (5) trademark or copyright infringement, (6) fraudulent or deceptive practices, and (7) counterfeiting or otherwise engaging in activity contrary to applicable law.
5. You acknowledge and agree to abide by all Registry Policies set forth on the Registry’s website at http://www.unitedtld.com/registrypolicies (the “Registry Website”). You specifically acknowledge and agree that the Registry Policies may be modified by the Registry, and agree to comply with any such changes in the time period specified for compliance.
6. You agree to comply with all applicable ICANN requirements and policies found at www.icann.org/en/general/consensus-policies.htm.
7. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, including those that relate to privacy, data collection, consumer protection, fair lending, debt collection, organic farming, disclosure of data and financial disclosures.
8. You agree that should you use a domain name to collect and or maintain sensitive health and financial date, you will implement reasonable appropriate security measures commensurate with the offering of those services as defined by applicable law.
10. You agree to submit to proceedings commenced under ICANN's Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy ("UDRP"), and the Uniform Rapid Suspension System (“URS”), each as described on the ICANN Website at http://icann.org. You further agree to abide by the final outcome of any of those processes, subject to any appeal rights provided in those processes or the law, and you hereby release the Registry, its affiliates and service providers from any and all directly or indirect liability associated with such dispute resolution processes.
11. You acknowledge and agree that the Registry reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify you or your agents from making or maintaining any domain name registrations or reservations if you are found to have repeatedly engaged in abusive registrations.
12. You acknowledge and agree that the Registry reserves the right to deny, cancel, terminate, suspend, lock, or transfer any registration that it deems necessary, in its discretion, in furtherance of the following:
a. to enforce all Registry Policies, these Registration Terms, and ICANN requirements, as amended from time to time;
b. to protect the integrity and stability of the Registry, its operations, and the Registry TLDs;
c. to comply with any applicable law, regulation, holding, order, or decision issued by a court, administrative authority, or dispute resolution service provider with jurisdiction over the Registry or you;
d. to establish, assert, or defend the legal rights of the Registry or a third party, or to avoid any liability, civil or criminal, on the part of the Registry as well as its affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, representatives, employees, contractors, and stockholders;
e. to correct mistakes made by the Registry or any Registrar in connection with a registration or reservation;
f. as otherwise provided herein.
13. You acknowledge and understand that additional registration requirements may be added, from time to time, in order to comply with new ICANN policies or to comply with certain Public Interest Commitments (PICs) applicable to specific Registry TLDs as part of the Registry Agreement. You agree that any such additional registration requirements shall automatically become a part of this Addendum and shall be binding on you without further notice provided to you.
14. You agree that the Registry Operator is entitled to, at any time, to verify: (a) the truth, accuracy, and completeness of any information you provide for a domain name registration; and (b) your compliance with applicable Registry Policies. You agree to fully comply and cooperate with us and the Registry Operator in connection with any such verification and to furnish all requested documentation as may reasonably be required to complete any such verification.
15. You agree that within thirty (30) days of demand, you will indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Registry Operator (United TLD Holdco Ltd.), us, and our respective affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as our respective owners, directors, managers, officers, employees, contractors, service providers and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and expenses (including on appeal), arising out of or relating in any way to your domain name registration, including, without limitation, the use, registration, extension, renewal, deletion, and/or transfer thereof and/or the violation of any applicable terms or conditions governing your registration. You further agree that you shall not enter into any settlement or compromise of any such indemnifiable claim without our or the Registry Operator’s prior written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld. This indemnification obligation shall survive the termination or expiration of this Addendum.
16. BY AGREEING TO THESE REGISTRATION TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU ARE: (1) WAIVING CLAIMS THAT YOU MIGHT OTHERWISE HAVE AGAINST THE REGISTRY, ITS EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, BASED ON THE LAWS OF OTHER JURISDICTIONS, INCLUDING YOUR OWN; (2) IRREVOCABLY CONSENTING TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF, AND VENUE IN, STATE OR FEDERAL COURTS IN THE STATE OF WASHINGTON OVER ANY DISPUTES OR CLAIMS YOU HAVE WITH THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS (EXCLUDING US); AND (3) SUBMITTING YOURSELF TO THE PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF COURTS LOCATED IN THE STATE OF STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR THE PURPOSE OF RESOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTES OR CLAIMS ARISING SOLELY BETWEEN YOU AND THE REGISTRY.
17. You acknowledge and agree that the Registry is and shall be an intended third party beneficiary of the obligations you undertake under your registration agreement with us. You acknowledge and agree that the Registry’s third party beneficiary rights have vested, and shall survive any termination or expiration of your registration or reservation of a domain name.
18. You acknowledge and agree that domain names in the Registry TLD are provided “as is”, “with all faults” and “as available.” The Registry, its affiliates and service providers, make no express warranties or guarantees about such domain names.
19. TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, DISCLAIM IMPLIED WARRANTIES THAT THE REGISTRY AND ALL SOFTWARE, CONTENT AND SERVICES DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ARE MERCHANTABLE, OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, ACCURATE, TIMELY, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NEED, OR NON?INFRINGING. THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY REGISTRY TLDS, OR REGISTRY OPERATIONS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, WILL BE ERROR?FREE, RELIABLE, WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE UNITED TLD, INCLUDING ANY SUPPORT SERVICES, WILL BE EFFECTIVE, RELIABLE, ACCURATE OR MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU OR THIRD PARTIES WILL BE ABLE TO ACCESS OR USE A DOMAIN NAME IN UNITED TLDS (EITHER DIRECTLY OR THROUGH THIRD?PARTY NETWORKS) AT TIMES OR LOCATIONS OF YOUR CHOOSING. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY REGARDING OPERATIONS OF THE REGISTRY OR A DOMAIN NAME IN A REGISTRY TLD.
20. THE REGISTRY, ITS’AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE UPON A DOMAIN NAME IN A UNITED TLD. THESE EXCLUSIONS APPLY TO ANY CLAIMS FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF THE REGISTRY, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICES PROVIDERS KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE REGISTRY’S LIABILITY, AND THE LIABILITY OF THE REGISTRY’S AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO REGISTER A UNITED TLD. YOU FURTHER AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGISTRY’S, ITS AFFILIATES AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PARTICULAR SERVICES THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU AGREE THAT THE RIGHTS STATED HEREIN SURVIVE TERMINATION OF THE REGISTRAR’S AGREEMENT WITH YOU.
21. The Registry reserves the right to modify, change, or discontinue any aspect of its Registry Services, these Registration Terms, including without limitation its prices and fees. You acknowledge and agree that the Registry, its affiliates and service providers may provide any and all required notices, agreements, modifications and changes to these Registration Terms, and other information concerning Registry TLDs electronically, by posting such items on the Registry Website. Your continued use of a Registry TLD shall constitute your acceptance of the most current versions of those notices, agreements, modifications, and changes to these Registration Terms. In the event of any conflict between these Registration Terms and the notices, agreements, modifications and changes to the Registration Terms as posted from time to time on the Registry Website, the terms posted on the Registry Website shall prevail.
22. In the event of a dispute solely between you and the Registry involving these registration terms, their interpretation, and in any dispute arising in any manner hereunder, such dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction). You agree and submit to the exercise of personal jurisdiction of courts in the State of Washington for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.
In the event of a dispute arising solely between you and us involving these registration terms, their interpretation, and in any dispute arising in any manner hereunder, such dispute shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Louisiana, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the State of Louisiana or any other jurisdiction). You agree and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in the Parish of Jefferson, State of Louisiana for the purpose of litigating any such claim or action.